MPS Methane Gas Sensor
The Nevada Nano Methane Gas Sensor quickly and accurately measures methane gas at the parts per million molecule (ppm) level.
These methane sensors use a patented Molecular Property Spectrometer technology. MPS™ employs a robust micro-electromechanical system (MEMS) that is inherently poison and drift-resistant. This enables service intervals that can be measured in years.
The sensor's built-in environmental compensation enables reliable, accurate performance across a range of harsh conditions, from -40 to 75ºC and 0-99% relative humidity. This makes the MPS™ Methane Gas Sensor a natural choice for accurate 24/7 methane gas leak detection in harsh, remote, and complex environments both above ground in a grid pattern or in-ground for soil gas analysis.
- Real-time point detection & auto-gas classification
- Built-in environmental compensation; no cross-sensitivity to temperature, pressure or % relative humidity
- Inherently poison resistant
- Low power - 29 mW typical
- No calibration required
- Life expectancy - 5+ Years
Models in Stock
- MPS005-S4509 - Serial UART & Analog Output, Auto Start, 5 Pin
MPS999-S40000-99 - USB Evaluation Kit and software
MPS005-S40501-EX - Serial UART, 5 Pin
MPS005-S40505-EX - Serial UART & Analog Output, 5 Pin
- MPS005-S40301-EX - Analog Output, Auto Start, 3 Pin
- Gas Type: Methane
- Sensing Method: Molecular Property Spectrometer
- Detection Range: 50 - 50,000ppm
- Accuracy: 250ppm
- Measurement Rate: 2s
- Resolution: 250ppm
- Response Time (T90): < 20 seconds
- Calibration Interval: No calibration required
- Warm-Up Time: 20s
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° to 75°C
- Humidity: 0% to 99% RH
- Pressure: 80 to 120 kPa
- Voltage Input: 3.3 - 5.0 ±5% VDC
- Average Current Consumption: 8.9mA
- Max Current: 21mA
- Digital: Serial UART / I2C
- Analog: 0.4V-2V (Optional)
- Dimensions: 16.6 mm (H) x 20.0 mm (L)
- Weight: 8.0g ± 0.5g
- Body Material: Ultem PEI
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 5 years
*For additional specifications please refer to the user manual.
- 90 Days. See GasLab Terms and Conditions.
Sensor Evaluation Kit
The Molecular Property Spectrometer™ Flammable Gas Sensor Evaluation Unit is a user friendly system developed for assessing flammable gas detection performance. The sensor connects to a provided PCB for communication with a PC (USB) or breakout to individual sensor signals (optional 5-wire harness). A quarter-turn plastic gas mask and housing is included to provide a sealed headspace above the sensor using a tube cap inlet and outlet.
Evaluation Kit part no. MSP999-S40000-99
Sensor Mounting Sockets
From Andon Catalog.
- R420-SP05-04T-436P55-R27-L14 (5 pin through hole)
- R420-SP05-04T-440P55-R27-L14 (5 pin surface mount)
- R300-SP03-02T-436P55-R27-L14 (3 pin through hole)
- R300-SP03-02T-440P55-R27-L14 (3 pin surface mount)