MPS Methane Gas Sensor
The Nevada Nano Methane Gas Sensor quickly and accurately measures methane gas at the parts per million molecule (ppm) level.
These methane sensors use a patented Molecular Property Spectrometer technology. MPS™ employs a robust micro-electromechanical system (MEMS) that is inherently poison and drift-resistant. This enables service intervals that can be measured in years.
The sensor's built-in environmental compensation enables reliable, accurate performance across a range of harsh conditions, from -40 to 75ºC and 0-99% relative humidity. This makes the MPS™ Methane Gas Sensor a natural choice for accurate 24/7 methane gas leak detection in harsh, remote, and complex environments both above ground in a grid pattern or in-ground for soil gas analysis.
- Real-time point detection & auto-gas classification
- Built-in environmental compensation; no cross-sensitivity to temperature, pressure or % relative humidity
- Inherently poison resistant
- Low power - 29 mW typical
- No calibration required
- Life expectancy - 5+ Years
MPS005-S40309-EX - Analog Output Only, Auto Start, 3 Pin, S4 Footprint
MPS005-S40505-EX - Serial UART & Analog Output, 5 Pin, S4 Footprint
- MPS005-S40509-EX - Serial UART & Analog Output, Auto Start, 5-Pin, S4 Footprint
- MPS999-S40000-99 - USB Evaluation Kit and software. Works with all S4 footprint (cylindrical) MPS sensors. Sensor not included.
- Gas Type: Methane
- Sensing Method: Molecular Property Spectrometer
- Detection Range: 500 - 50,000ppm
- Accuracy: 250ppm
- Measurement Rate: 2s
- Resolution: 250ppm
- Response Time (T90): < 20 seconds
- Calibration Interval: No calibration required
- Warm-Up Time: 20s
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° to 75°C
- Humidity: 0% to 99% RH
- Pressure: 80 to 120 kPa
- Voltage Input: 3.3 - 5.0 ±5% VDC
- Average Current Consumption: 8.9mA
- Max Current: 21mA
- Digital: Serial UART / I2C
- Analog: 0.4V-2V (Optional)
- Dimensions: 16.6 mm (H) x 20.0 mm (L)
- Weight: 8.0g ± 0.5g
- Body Material: Ultem PEI
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 5 years
*For additional specifications please refer to the user manual
- 2 Years. See GasLab Terms and Conditions.
Sensor Evaluation Kit
The Molecular Property Spectrometer™ Methane Gas Sensor Evaluation Unit is a user-friendly system developed for assessing methane gas detection performance. The sensor (not included) connects to a provided PCB for communication with a PC (USB) or breakout to individual sensor signals (optional 5-wire harness). A quarter-turn plastic gas mask and housing are included to provide a sealed headspace above the sensor using a tube cap inlet and outlet.
Evaluation Kit part no. MSP999-S40000-99. Sensor not included.
Sensor Mounting Pins
We do NOT recommend soldering wires directly to the pins of the MPS Methane Gas Sensor. We recommend using individual receptacle sockets with wires soldered to the sockets and then plugging the sockets onto the pins of the sensor. Compatible receptacle sockets readily available from numerous distributors are:
- Mill-Max 9401-0-15-15-23-27-10-0 (This socket has a closed bottom).
- Mill-Max 0384-0-67-80-23-27-10-0 (This socket has an open bottom).