Oxygen Depletion Alarm
The RAD-0002-ZR Oxygen Depletion Alarm is a room oxygen monitor designed to protect personnel against oxygen deficiency indoors near stored gases, such as nitrogen, argon, ammonia, chlorine, propane, nitrous oxide, helium, argon, or any inert gas. It can also be used in walk-in refrigerators or freezers with temperatures as low as -58°F (-50°C).
Our Oxygen Depletion Alarm uses an accurate, long-life sensor that requires no calibration and is maintenance-free for over 10 years. The 25% oxygen sensor can also be used as an oxygen enrichment alarm to detect when too much or too little oxygen is present.
- Real-time oxygen level readout on both sensor and remote display
- Audible and flashing alarm on both sensor and remote display
- Easy installation with no maintenance required
- 3 user-configurable alarms that comply with all OSHA codes
- Up to 3 remote displays can be daisy-chained and mounted up to 300 feet away
- 4-20mA analog and relay outputs that can be used to control fans or off-site alarms
- Provides 24/7 protection for you and your staff against potential oxygen deficiency
- Easy to install and use - simply wall-mount the sensor unit and remote display (all cables and hardware included), plug it into a standard wall outlet, and the alarm is ready to protect you and your staff
- Long-lasting sensor ensures low maintenance and high reliability
- The device is versatile and can be used in a variety of settings, including walk-in refrigerators or freezers with temperatures as low as -58°F (-50°C)
- The oxygen enrichment alarm function can detect when too much or too little oxygen is present, offering additional safety benefits
RAD-0022: Add-on Remote Display for RAD-0002-ZR Oxygen Depletion Safety Alarm above. Order up to 2 additional add-on displays to cover 3 entrances. Uses industry-standard RJ45 Ethernet cable (not included) to install up to 300 feet away.
CM-1027: Dual Strobe Add-On Kit. Flashing strobes plug into both the sensor and remote display to give a more visual alarm. Used in high-noise environments or where required by an inspector.
Certificate of Calibration - Available on request in comments at purchase.
- Measurement Range: 0-25% Oxygen
- Response Time: T90 < 2 minutes
- Display Resolution 0.1%
- Accuracy Better than 2% FS
- Pressure Dependence: Auto compensation with built in barometer (500-1200 mbar)
- O2 Depletion Alarm 1: 19% user configurable
- O2 Depletion Alarm 2: 17% user configurable
- O2 Depletion Alarm 3: 12% default
- O2 Enrichment Alarm 1: 23% user configurable
- O2 Enrichment Alarm 2: 24% user configurable
- O2 Enrichment Alarm 3: 25% default
- Sound Alarm: 80b @ 10cm
- Warm-up Time: < 60 sec. @ 72°F (22>°C)
- Operating Temperature: -58°F to 122°F (-50°C to 50°C)
- Humidity Range: 0~95% RH non-condensing
- Storage temperature: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Sensor Life Expectancy: 10+ years
- Power Supply: 110-240 VAC UL & CE Wall Adapter
- 12~32 VDC @ 2A hard-wired power option
- 6 VDC battery backup connections
- Relays: Peak Current < 2A @ 30 VDC or 250 VAC, SPDT
- 4-20mA output: 0~25% oxygen
Weight & Dimensions
- Sensor Unit: 1 lb., 6.69 x 4.96 x 2.73 inches LxWxD
- Remote Display: 0.4 lb., 5.51 x 3.54 x 1.89 inches LxWxD
- 1 year on the device. See GasLab Terms and Conditions.
How to Hard Reset the RAD-0002-ZR (pdf)
Hard Wiring Your Oxygen Deficiency Safety Alarm (pdf)
Connecting Multiple Monitors to Solenoid Valve (pdf)
Connecting Multiple Monitors to Strobe Tower (pdf)
Connecting Monitors to CM-1026-5 Tower (pdf)
Connecting Monitors to CM-1026-6 Tower (pdf)
Exhaust Fan Relay Wiring Diagram (pdf)
SV-1029, SV-1030 Wiring Diagram (pdf)
RAD-0002-ZR Testing Procedures
How to Install the Oxygen Deficiency Safety Alarm
How to Create Your Own CAT-5 Cable
RAD-0022 Add-on Remote Display for RAD-0002 Oxygen Depletion Safety Alarm above. Order up to 2 additional add-on displays to cover 3 entrances. Uses industry-standard RJ45 Ethernet cable (not included) to install up to 300 feet away.
CM-1026: Dual Strobe Add-On Kit. Attach a flashing strobe to both the sensor and remote display to give a more visual alarm. Used in high-noise environments or where required by an inspector.
Certificate of Calibration - Available on request in comments at purchase. For factory recalibration order part no. CAL-0001 here.