Oxygen Weld Purge Monitor
The TecPen Weld Purge Monitor is designed to provide accurate measurements down to 0% oxygen when back purging oxygen with argon during welding. It is especially useful for stainless steel welding.
As an argon purge meter for welding, the TecWeld Weld Purge Monitor is most commonly used to verify complete argon flooding during stainless steel pipe welding or titanium pipe welding in the aerospace, automotive, nuclear, medical and food-grade industries where x-ray verification of welds is required or the backside of welds cannot be inspected. It is also useful for 3D printing under oxygen exclusion where FDM-printed parts created in pure nitrogen result in improved tensile strength.
- Test oxygen levels in shield gas down to 2 ppm
- Measurements in less than 3 seconds
- Large display easily read during welding
- Effective and long-life optochemical sensing
- Certificate of calibration from factory
- Data logging with USB transfer
Industry Applications Include:
- TIG welding of stainless steel or titanium
- Argon gas purging for pipe welding
- 3D Printing under oxygen exclusion
- TS-300 - TecPen Weld Purge Monitor measures trace oxygen
- TS-302 - TecPen Oxygen and CO2 Weld Purge Monitor measures oxygen and up to 100% CO2 simultaneously. Click here.
- Measurement range: 0-2,000ppm
- Accuracy @ 0-500 ppm: 2% MEV**
- Accuracy @ 500-1000 ppm: 3% MV*
- Accuracy @ 1,000-2,000ppm: 4% MV*
- Resolution: 1ppm
- Response time at 25°C: < 15 seconds
- Pump flow: 400mL/min.
- Temp. range Min./Max: 14°F-140F° (-10°C-60°C)
- Medium: Gas
- Power supply: 5V USB and LiPo Battery
- Rechargeable battery life: > 3 hours per charge
- Data Interface: USB
- Temperature compensation: 50 - 86°F (10 - 30°C)
- Display: OLED
- Cleaning: no organic solvents, 40% EtOH
- Parts touching sample: St.1.4404 / PTFE / glass
- Case: Anodized aluminum
- Protection: IP65
- Manufacturer service Interval: 3 years
- Case with Device Weight: 2.45 lbs.
- Case Dimensions: 12 x 11 x 3.25 inches
- Device Weight: 0.50 lbs.
- Device Dimensions: 7 x 2 x 1 inch
- Lifetime of sensor cap: 2 years @ normal welding conditions and atmosphere, 60°C with proper filtering
- Sensor cap replacement interval: 2 years
- Recommended customer calibration interval: 6 months
**MEV=Measured End Value
TecSense sensors are CE, FCC, IC, KC and MIC marked, and meet the requirements of ASTM F2714-08. The manufacturer is DIN ISO 9001/2015 certified.
- 1 year. See GasLab Terms and Conditions.