MPS Flammable Gas Sensor
The Nevada Nano MPS™ Molecular Property Spectrometer Flammable Gas Sensor provides real-time 0-100% LEL measurement of 14 different combustible gases - including hydrogen.
Using its patented TrueLEL™ technology, no other sensor can accurately report 0-100% LEL across 14 different gases with one factory calibration and no field calibration. The MPS Flammable Gas sensor doesn’t drift, decay, or poison and requires no maintenance over its lifetime. With its data-rich reporting capabilities, the MPS will instantly let you know if a sensor fault exists - and why.
Unlike pellistor or other low-cost hydrogen only sensors, when measuring hydrogen the MPS is not cross-sensitive to other flammable gases. This lowers total cost by not requiring a sensor for each gas, and results in fewer false positives and increased measurement confidence.
The MPS Flammable Gas sensors' accuracy is enhanced by integrated, real-time measurements and built-in compensation for temperature, pressure, and humidity.
The MPS Flammable Gas sensor is intrinsically safe, certified, and stable. Sensor readings are output on a UART digital bus providing advanced gas classification or 0.4-2V analog output models that measure total flammable gas LEL for easy integration and improved performance in existing products.
*Please Note: When Purchasing any MPS Flammable Gas Sensor it is Important to NOT Solder to the Sensor Pins*
- Accurate LEL measurements for single gas exposures as well as multi-gas mixtures, including hydrogen
- No calibration required
- No poisoning, zero drift
- Self reporting if not detecting gas
- Low power, long life for lower cost of ownership
- Dust, vibration, humidity resistance built-in
- Built-in real-time temperature, pressure and %RH compensation
- Reduced costly and nuisance false alarms
- Global approvals including ATEX, FM and more
MPS003-S40309-EX - Analog Output, Auto Start, 3-Pin, S4 Footprint
- MPS003-S40501-EX - Serial UART Only, 5-Pin, S4 Footprint
- MPS003-S40505-EX - Serial UART + Analog Output, 5-Pin, S4 Footprint
- MPS003-S40509-EX - Serial UART + Analog Output, Auto Start, 5-Pin, S4 Footprint
- MPS999-S40000-99 - USB Evaluation Kit and software. Works with all S4 footprint (cylindrical) MPS sensors. Sensor not included.
- Gas Type: Flammables
- Sensing Method: MPS™ Molecular Property Spectrometer
- Measurement Ranges: 0-100% LEL
- Accuracy: -40° to 75°C, 0-100% RH, and 80 to 120 kPa
- Measurement Rate: 2s
- Resolution: 0.1% LEL
- Response Time (T90): < 20 seconds
- Calibration Interval: No calibration required
- Warm-Up Time: 20s
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° to 75°C
- Humidity: 0-100% RH
- Pressure: 80 to 120 kPa
- R/H and Temp Available?: Y / Y
- Voltage Input: 3.3 - 5.0 ±5% VDC
- Max Current: 8.9 - 5.0-21.0 Operating Range
- Communication: UART
- Analog: Programmable Analog out - optional
- Logic Level: 3.3V
- Digital: Y
- Digital Input/Output: 3 or 5 pin
- Dimensions: 16.6 mm (H) x 20.0 mm (L)
- Weight: 8.0 , 0.5 grams
- Body Material: Ultem PEI
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 5 years
- 2 Years. See GasLab Terms and Conditions.
Sensor Evaluation Kit
The Molecular Property Spectrometer™ Flammable Gas Sensor Evaluation Kit is a user friendly system developed for assessing flammable gas detection performance. The sensor (not included) connects to a provided PCB for communication with a PC (USB) or breakout to individual sensor signals (optional 5-wire harness). A quarter-turn plastic gas mask and housing is included to provide a sealed headspace above the sensor using a tube cap inlet and outlet.
Evaluation Kit part no. MSP999-S40000-99. Sensor not included.
Sensor Mounting Pins
We do NOT recommend soldering wires directly to the pins of the MPS Flammable Gas Sensor. We recommend using individual receptacle sockets with wires soldered to the sockets and then plugging the sockets onto the pins of the sensor. Compatible receptacle sockets readily available from numerous distributors are:
- Mill-Max 9401-0-15-15-23-27-10-0 (This socket has a closed bottom).
- Mill-Max 0384-0-67-80-23-27-10-0 (This socket has an open bottom).
MPS Sensor Evaluation Kit Manual (pdf)
Additional Documents, Evaluation Kit Software (pdf)
MPS Sensor Demonstration & Comparison Video