MPS Refrigerant Gas Sensor
The Nevada Nano MPS Refrigerant Gas Sensor accurately and reliably detects R-32, R-454b, R-1234yf, R-744, R-290, R-600 and many other refrigerant gases used in commercial and residential HVAC applications.
The secret to the sensors long life and low maintenance is MPS™ - Molecular Property Spectrometer technology. A MEMS transducer is mounted onto a PCB and open to ambient air. The presence of a flammable refrigerant gas causes changes in the thermodynamic properties of the air/gas mixture that are measured by the transducer, then processed by patent-pending algorithms to report accurate gas concentrations.
The MPS Refrigerant Gas Sensor has been configured to provide a robust, refrigerant-dedicated sensing solution like that can reliably recognize leaks over a long field life, in harsh, real-world environments with no servicing required.
- Real time environmental compensation to rapid temperature & %RH changes
- No false positives, immune to poisoning
- Extremely fast response time
- Built-in self-test for fail-safe operation
- Industrial and residential packaging options
- No field calibration or maintenance
- Meets UL 60335-2-40 & ASHRAE 15 requirements
- Life expectancy - 10+ Years
Models In Stock
- MPS004-S40505-EX - R-32 (A2L), Serial UART & Analog Output, 5 Pin S4
- MPS999-S40000-99 - USB Evaluation Kit and software
Note: S4: Cylindrical footprint
- Gas Type: Refrigerant Gases
- LOD Range: 0-100%LEL, 400-2500ppm, 0-100%LEL
- Measurement Ranges: 50-50,000ppm or 1,300 - 50,000ppm
- Accuracy: 250ppm or 1,300ppm
- Measurement Rate: 2s
- Resolution: 0.1LEL, 1ppm w/ slow leak rate of 15ppm/min
- Response Time (T90): <6s, <30s, <20s
- Calibration Interval: No calibration required.
- Warm-Up Time: 20s
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° to 75°C
- Humidity: 0-100% RH
- Pressure: 80 to 120 kPa
- R/H and Temp Available?: Y / Y
- Voltage Input: 3.3 - 5.0 ±5% VDC
- Max Current: 8.9mA typical
- Communication: UART / Analog Output
- Digital: Y
- Digital Input/Output: 4 or 5 pin
- Dimensions: 16.6 mm (H) x 20.0 mm (L)
- Weight: 8.0 , 0.5 grams
- Body Material: Ultem PEI
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 10 years
- UL60335-2-40 Ready ATEX Certified
- UL60079-29-1 Ready ATEX Certified
- 2 Years. See GasLab Terms and Conditions
Sensor Evaluation Kit
The Molecular Property Spectrometer™ Flammable Gas Sensor Evaluation Unit is a user friendly system developed for assessing flammable gas detection performance. The sensor connects to a provided PCB for communication with a PC (USB) or breakout to individual sensor signals (optional 5-wire harness). A quarter-turn plastic gas mask and housing is included to provide a sealed headspace above the sensor using a tube cap inlet and outlet.
Evaluation Kit part no. MSP999-S40000-99
Sensor Mounting Sockets
From Andon Catalog.
- R420-SP05-04T-436P55-R27-L14 (5 pin through hole)
- R420-SP05-04T-440P55-R27-L14 (5 pin surface mount)