Cubic SJH-5 Methane Sensor
The Cubic SJH-5 Infrared Methane Gas Sensor detects 0-5% levels of flammable hydrocarbon methane gases in ambient environments.
- Measures 0 to 5% methane by volume
- Full range linearized and digital signal output
- Shock-resistant, long-life NDIR sensor
- Reference channel for self-compensation
- Build-in temperature and humility compensation to ensure accuracy
- High humidity alert mechanism, reliable fail-safe operation
- Auto zero-calibration mechanism available
- Fast response, no moving parts, high stability, anti-corrosion
- Meet the explosion-proof level Ex ia IIC T4 Ga, certification No. GYB19.1789
- Life expectancy > 10 Years
- Mine, metallurgy, oil & gas
- LNG gas leakage alarming
- Gas concentration meter
- Organic solvent
- Liquefied gas station
- Fuel gas transport
CU-SJH-5 CH Sensor - Infrared methane gas sensor only.
CU-SJH-5-DK Sensor Development kit. - CU-SJH-5 Sensor on PCB with Serial UART to USB cable, makes it simple to read, graph or data log methane levels using our free GasLab® software.
- Measuring Gas: Methane
- Sensing Method: NDIR
- Measurement Ranges: 0-5%
- Accuracy: Range 0-1%Vol: ±0.06%. Range > 1%vol:±6%
- Measurement Resolution: 0.1%
- Warm up Time < 10s
- Maximum Response time (T90): < 25s
- Zero Repeatability: ±0.01%Vol.
- Full Scale Repeatability: ±0.03%Vol.
- Zero Drift: ±0.01%Vol./month
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° ~ 70°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° ~ 85°C
- Working Humidity: 0-95%RH (non-condensing)
- Working Voltage: 3.3-6VDC
- Working Current: 55~60mA
- Output Serial: UART-TTL (2.5-3.3v), 9,600, 8,N,1
- Output Analog Voltage: 0.4V-2V
- Dimensions: 0.79 x 0.75 in. (20x19mm)
- Body Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 18g
- Lifespan: > 10 years
- Output footprint: 5 pins
- Ex-proof Level: Ex ia IIC T4 Ga GYB19.1789
- 90 Days. See GasLab Terms and Conditions.
Free Easy-to-use GasLab® Software
The Devkit uses GasLab® software for setup, calibration, data logging, and real-time data analysis via USB. GasLab® makes it easy to export data into a .CSV file that can be imported into any industry-standard software or spreadsheet. GasLab® runs on Windows XP or higher, and free to use with our products.
- Windows XP SP2 or newer
- Microsoft .Net 3.5 Runtime Libraries
Tube cap adapters easily convert 20mm standard gas sensors from diffusion to sampling sensors. Molded polymer. Tube cap adapters are not pre-installed. For accurate results you must mount the tube cap permanently.
Micro-Pump Kit includes all the tools you need to urilize the tube-cap adapters as part of a sampling sensor system.
Nafion tubing is a highly selective, semi-permeable membrane to water vapor. If gases inside Nafion tubing are wetter than gases surrounding the tubing, drying will occur. If the surrounding gases are wetter, humidification will occur.
Micro gas sampling pumps provide a constant flow of air across the sensor with a tube cap - perfect for bench-top testing of sensors for closed-loop sampling applications.
Sensor Pin Sockets - Manufacturers do not recommend soldering to the pins. Pin sockets can be purchased from Andon Electric. Click here to see the PDF of all Cubic sensors pin sockets available.
Your site is easy to use and I ordered 6 SJH-5’s for R&D. We are putting together six Avimesa “climate” kit prototypes. Our system ( http://avimesa.com) provides cloud connectivity for virtually any sensor of any type and combines it with alert and notification rules. Our system is unique because it also provides other feeds such as climate conditions, or simply another sensor type, that can be added to the rules logic. Methane is the first gas sensor that we are adding and are not sure if the SJH-5 was the right choice but wanted to get started on the integration quickly as we have an Oil&Gas customer that wants to try it out on some abandoned wells.